Problems connection to Report Server with SSIS ReporGenerator Task

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Hello,

after my visit at the PASS user group meeting in Karlsruhe yesterday I was eager to test this SSIS Component. However, the setup did not work out for me.

I am using SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition.

I assume, the URL in the configuration dialogue (Tab: Properties) must point to the Reporting Services Webserver. I configured it accordingly.

If I open the URL in Internet Explorer I get a directory view. If I navigate down the list I finally reach some XML representation of Data Sources and Reports. I assume this is gonna be consumed by the SSIS component to display a list of all reports.

I have tried two configurations in the component dialogue (tab "Properties"):

- If I use Windows integrated security and click on the button to select a report I get the following error message:

"---------------------------
ReportGeneratorTask
---------------------------
System.InvalidOperationException: Der vom Client gefundene Anforderungsinhaltstyp ist '', erwartet wurde 'text/xml'.

Fehler: Leere Antwort auf Anforderung.

bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

bei SSISComponents.ReportGenerator.ReportService2010.ReportingService2010.ListChildren(String ItemPath, Boolean Recursive)

bei SSISComponents.ReportGenerator.ReportServerUI.FillTreeView(String Path, TreeNode ParentNode)
---------------------------
OK  
---------------------------"

Afterwards the report selection window opens showing only the root node for the server.

- If I provide a username and password along with the domain, I get straight to the report selection window which is totally blank. Nothing happens anymore.

I have already tried switching the HTTP Port of the webservice to "8080" as described in another discussion here. The outcome however was the same.

Please help me how I have to proceed  to get a functional report selection list.

Thanks in advance

Martin Guth

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Hi Martin,

sorry for my really late reply.
Can you send me some screenshots from your settings as well as from the report explorer dialog.

Cheers,

Tillmann
Feb 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Edited Feb 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Hi Tillmann,

it probably doesn't help you much, but the alternative project SSIS Report Generator Task (http://ssisreportgenerator.codeplex.com/) works fine.
Here the requested screenshot

Best regards

Martin
Feb 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Edited Feb 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Hi Martin,

Your screenshot is a bit odd. You have selected the report type Dataset Report which renders a local report with a SSIS dataset. But the open dialog shows an empty report server explorer. Please check if you have the latest version installed.

Typically the URL to the report server is http://< SERVERNAME >/reportserver.
A different TCP port than 80 must be explicitly set during configuration.

When you open your Reporting Services Configuration Manager you can see the correct URL to your Report Server Web Service on the page Web Service URL.

Cheers,

Tillmann