Hyperlinks in SSRS Report Not Working

Jun 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM
I have created an SSIS package that leverages the (great!) ReportGenerator Task to generate a MSFT Dynamics CRM SSRS Report, save it locally (server where BIDS 2008 R2 is running) as a PDF, and then attaches the file in an email to send to the user. If the report is generated directly out of CRM and saved as a PDF, the hyperlinks work correctly. However, in the report that is attached to the email the hyperlinks are not working. Somehow the process seems to be stripping the PDF of the fact that the hyperlinks are present. Has anyone experienced this and have a resolution?
Jun 23, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Hi Jake,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
The issue is new to me. I think it should be a bug inside the SSRS web service.
I will test it further and see what I can do.

Regards,

Tillmann
Jun 25, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Tillmann,

Thanks for the quick response. I figured out the issue. I had the Action > GoToURL on the Text Box Properties set incorrectly. I was using the hidden CRM_URL Parameter, but since the report is generating directly out of SRS it does not have that value and subsequently was not forming a recognizable URL. I had to change my Expression from =Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={" & Fields!OBJECTID.Value.ToString() & "}&OTC=" & Fields!OBJECTTYPE.Value.ToString() to a hardcoded ="http://SERVER/ORGNAME/CRMReports/viewer/drillopen.aspx?ID=%7b" & Fields!OBJECTID.Value.ToString() & "%7d&OTC=" & Fields!OBJECTTYPE.Value.ToString() and everything is working correctly.

Jake