Services appear in toolbox but are disabled?

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Hi, I was hoping to try using your ReportExecution service, but I'm having trouble with it... I've added the service to the ControlFlowItems toolbox but it's comming up as disabled, I can not drag and drop onto the Control Flow package.  Any help would be much apppreciated

thanks,

Goran

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Hi Goran,

can you send me some screenshots and a (complete) description how do you have installed the component?
I have never seen that a SSIS component in the Toolbox can be disabled.

Tillmann

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM
Edited Mar 18, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Hi Tillmann, thank you very much for responding!

What I’ve done so far is this:

1- Download the msi install from codeplex

2- Install it to my machine

3- Open my  Visual Studio 2008 SSIS package project

4- In Toolbox right click – Choose Items

5- Go to .NET Framework Components

6- Browse for datenfabrik.SQLServer.ReportGeneratorTask.dll

7- Press OK

This adds ReportExecutionService and ReportingService2005 as per screen-print, but no ReportGenerator Task…

I can see the two services as disabled in my Toolbox…but no ReportGenerator…

I must be missing something rally basic…

Thanks again for your help!

ps I've tried to add screen-prints but they are not coming up..

Goran

Sent: 17 March 2010 19:30
To: Govedar, Goran
Subject: Re: Services appear in toolbox but are disabled? [ReportGeneratorTask:205249]

Hi Goran,

can you send me some screenshots and a (complete) description how do you have installed the component?
I have never seen that a SSIS component in the Toolbox can be disabled.

Tillmann

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ReportGeneratorTask@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ReportGeneratorTask@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Hi Goran,

possible that there was a small bug in my installer. I have uploaded a new one.
Normally, the installer should copy the componente to the GAC (C:\Windows\assembly) and to the folder "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Tasks". Please check if the compoent exist in both path.
Otherwise you have to copy the component from "%PROGRAMFILES%\SSIS-Components.net\ReportGeneratorTask" to "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Tasks".

To install the component don't add it as a .NET Framework Components. Use the tab "SSIS Control Flow Items" to add it correctly to the toolbox.
Aftrer that you can drag the component to your SSIS Package.

Tillmann

Mar 19, 2010 at 11:38 AM

That worked, I moved the dill to the %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Tasks". and was able to add it to the toolbox.

thank you very much for your help and for making this component available!

Goran