read/write access. A lock cannot be acquired after 16 attempts. The locks timed out.

Jan 31, 2016 at 9:46 PM
Hi,

I have a simple report that i need to pass a variable date as the parameter. I've created the variable and for now just hard coded the date. I then selected it for the value for my report's "Date" parameter.

When i execute the report, it generates the report to the file system, and reports in the debug window "Report Generated". Then it just spins for about 1minute and errors with the following:

[ReportGenerator] Error: Task Errored: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsRuntimeException: A deadlock was detected while trying to lock variables "User::ReportDate" for read/write access. A lock cannot be acquired after 16 attempts. The locks timed out.
---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: A deadlock was detected while trying to lock variables "User::ReportDate" for read/write access. A lock cannot be acquired after 16 attempts. The locks timed out.

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSVariableDispenser100.LockOneForWrite(String Variable, IDTSVariables100& ppVariables)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.VariableDispenser.LockOneForWrite(String variable, Variables& variables)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.VariableDispenser.LockOneForWrite(String variable, Variables& variables)
at SSISComponents.ReportGenerator.ReportGenerator.SetPrefixFilename(VariableDispenser variableDispenser, IDTSComponentEvents componentEvents)

I'm not using this variable anywhere else, and why is it trying to write to the variable? during the report render?

Thanks!